Local Harvest Initiative
As a land grant university, UNH is committed to supporting and advancing the state's agricultural economy. Small, family farms are part of our state's heritage and play a vital role in our economy and culture. The raises awareness and educates students, staff and community members about our local agricultural landscape and its role in sustaining our physical and economical health now and in the future.
Local Harvest Feast
Held each fall, the Local Harvest Feast is an evening of fine dining with mouth-watering creations, produced from local foods. Open to the public and students alike, this hugely popular event shows why supportive local agriculture and food producers is so important. During the evening, there are opportunities to meet local producers and browse their presentation tables.
- "Butternut squash ravioli is my reason for living! Soooo...good!"
- "Dinner was super! Thank you guys so much! I'm super full and am probably going into a food coma, a good food coma."
- "Great local food! Love it :)"
- "The apricot ginger sauce for the ham was wicked good!"
- "It was fantastic!!! Can we please have more events like this!!."
- "I like it because of all the fresh/healthy food!"
- "Local Fest was epic, good job Philly crew."
- "Philly-Excellent job on Local Harvest! It's one of my favorite meals of the year-even better than Thanksgiving!! My personal favorites were the butternut squash ravioli (make it a regular!) and the apple crisp w/ice cream. Although I'm disappointed about losing Thursday late night, it looks like things are shaping up to be another great year here. The amatraciana Sauce out tonight is very good! Keep it on the menu!!!