- new program offered by CED to seed innovative approaches to institutionalizing diversity, inclusion, and equity at UNH.
The Inclusion Council is comprised of the chairs of Diversity and Inclusion Committees (Equity Advocates体育365) already or recently forged in colleges, Student Affairs and units. The Council works on relevant unit-based inclusivity by exchanging information, discussing obstacles, resources, activities, best practices and creative ideas about inclusive pedagogy, recruiting, retention, and programming.
Equity Advocates have the following responsibilities:
- Strategic planning, leadership, and accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Assisting in the creation of a strategic plan for DEI, aligned with the university’s Strategic Plan and results from the 2019 campus climate survey. For example:
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of underrepresented faculty and staff.
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students.
- Promoting curriculum transformation (cutting edge pedagogy; inclusive teaching, active engagement, internationalization, etc.).
- Assisting in fundraising efforts to support the college’s strategic plan for DEI and the university’s plan, as appropriate.
- Assisting with special initiatives and projects/events, as requested.
- Attending monthly meetings and potential subcommittee meetings for Equity Advocates as organized by the AVP of Community, Equity, and Diversity.
Membership Roster AY19-20
Kattarina Biss体育365, First Year Experience, (UNH Manchester)
Darnelle Bosquet-Fleurival, Residential Life (Student Affairs)
Vernon B. Carter, Associate Professor, Social Work (HHS)
Jessica Durkis-Stoke体育365s, Senior Lecturer (UNH Law School)
Joe Dwyer体育365, Professor, Physics (CEPS)
Stacey Hall, Executive Director of Campus Recreation and MUB, (Business Services)
Islam Karkour体育365, Lecturer of Arabic, Dept of Languages, Literatures and Cultures (COLA)
Dovev Levine体育365, Assistant Dean, (Graduate School)
Victoria Parker, Associate Dean, (Paul College)
Ben Peck, Contract librarian (Library)
Amanda Stone, State Specialist, Natural Resources & Land Conservation (Cooperative Extension)
Maggie Wells, Internship and Career Services (UNH Manchester)
体育365- new program offered by CED to seed innovative approaches to institutionalizing diversity, inclusion, and equity at UNH.