Externally sponsored research is a vital part of the University of New Hampshire's (UNH) mission. As this activity grows in sophistication and complexity, it intersects increasingly with industrial explorations and entrepreneurial ventures creating for investigators the potential for conflicting interests.
UNH has a financial conflict of interest in research (FCOIR) program to protect the integrity of UNH's externally-funded research enterprise and UNH employees who engage in externally-funded research, by identifying and managing financial conflicts of interest in research.
体育365On August 24, 2012, revised regulations for projects funded, or proposed for funding, by the Public Health Service (PHS)* went into effect. (Other organizations that require compliance with the PHS financial conflict of interest in research regulations are listed at the bottom of this page). UNH elected to have two different FCOIR policies:
The following pertain to this new policy for PHS-funded projects and the attendant requirements:
- Overview of the revised requirements.
- Disclosure Statement for Financial Conflict of Interest in Research for Projects Funded by the PHS.
- Investigator procedures for financial conflict of Interest in research in PHS-funded projects.
体育365*PHS agencies, and other federal agencies that require compliance with the PHS FCOIR regulations:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Services (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Admin (SAMHSA)
- Office of Public Health and Science
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
Other organizations that require compliance with the PHS FCOIR regulations include:
- Alliance for Lupus Research (ALR)
- Alpha-1 Foundation
- American Asthma Foundation
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- American Lung Association (ALA)
- Arthritis Foundation (AF)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Lupus Foundation of America (LFA)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
(lists reviewed January 16, 2018; last updated January 12, 2016)
The Knowledge Base contains forms, instruction and training material, minutes, policies, tools and other resources to support your research efforts by topic area.
Melissa McGee, Compliance Officer
Research Integrity Services
Service Building, Room 106B
51 College Road
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: (603) 862-2005